Yara is the world’s largest producer and marketer of mineral fertilizers that help growers feed a hungry world population. Yara also converts energy, natural minerals and nitrogen from the air into essential products for industrial applications.
Founded in 1905, Yara has established a unique position as the industry’s only global crop nutrition company. With our integrated business model and a worldwide presence of around 16,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries.
The AMBES plant (110 employees), near to BORDEAUX, is an ICPE, Seveso high threshold site, which has been producing Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate for more than 50 years.
The Plant is currently looking for an new Process Safety Engineer reporting to Head of Safety and Security. The missions will be the following :
- To Contribute to the implementation of Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Ensure the life cycle management of safety.
- Prepare HAZOP studies and SIL assessments and be in a position to carry them out.
- ensure that HAZOP schedule is respected
- Update of the hazard studies
- Validate MMR test protocols
- Respond to the DREAL's requests on elements related to MMR's and the hazard studies
- Pilot and carry out studies and programmes for industrial safety.
- Train employees on risks and MMRs
- Contributing to incident analysis and feedback.
- Support other services for a strong integration of the PSM.
- Return analyses and studies to the contributors on and off site.
Skills / Education requirements
- Engineering degree chemical process orientated with specialisation or first experience in the management and prevention of industrial, technological and/or environmental risks, or equivalent.
- 3 years in experience in Chemical process industry as process Engineer or process safety engineer.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and create an atmosphere of trust to achieve the department and Plant objectives.
- Ability to systematically analyse complex matters and drive progress/improvements
- You are aware of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 18001 / 50001 standards.
- Fluent in English
- Strong Leadership skills
- Field person with a strong interest on taking on challenges.
Driving License B as well as a vehicle are required to access the plant. After a training period, you will be a part of the on duty Management rotation.
Permanent Contract , position open immediately .